Here we go again..

All discussions about V8 Rangers

Moderator: MalcolmV8

Jarrod
SM: No

Post by Jarrod »

it looks like it would take a ton of fab work...
might consider moving the engine and fire wall back and
extending the steering and driving from the backseat position,
considering it is an ext cab...that would be really neat
and you would have a ton of weight transfer too....
not to mention the added room under the hood....
just an idea.......
COTLOD

edit

Post by COTLOD »

Dave,
Yes, It was edited. I blame the skall (beer) and my rush to post for the typo. It is in fact an '89 ext cab shortbox'

Sorry for lack of posts, been busy and driving myself crazy looking for parts all over the Ia,Mn, Wi area.

Will try to keep up in the future.
Anything less than a 3.5" bore isnt worth a thimble full'o p**s.
2lo-rngr

Post by 2lo-rngr »

1. a modular swap would be awesome if it could be pulled off.
2. YES! I remember the lightning bolt ranger. I can't remember the mag the article was in, but it made me laugh. when they road tested it, i guess they lined up next to a vette at a light. well they said the guy in the vette looked over at the extra wide lighting wheels, then looked up into the cab kinda laughingly at the truck, then they blew the doors off the vette. it was great. :lol: Last I heard word was there might be something like that coming along VERY soon.
3. someone should really pull the grille off that modular junker at that junkyard. i'll take dibs! haha....do you know what they want for it? :wink:
100% ADRENALINE JUNKIE
90 2-lo ranger x-cab xlt.. 347 swap coming soon... and paint... and airbags... etc.
92 F150 I-6 8" lift with 35's
90 Mustang LX: in the chop shop... soon to be a new color with new motivation: Dart 363 with forced induction... 750ish+ rwhp. gotta keep with the times...
87 Mustang... DSS super pro bullet 306, Crower rods, Max quench pistons,Comp cam, stage III ported Holley/Brodix heads, TKO600, Vortech'd, pullied, etc.... 572rwhp... though it's day's are numbered....
2lo-rngr

Post by 2lo-rngr »

correction:
1. A modular swap would be awesome if someone did it. ( it CAN be done, no if's, and's or but's right?)
100% ADRENALINE JUNKIE
90 2-lo ranger x-cab xlt.. 347 swap coming soon... and paint... and airbags... etc.
92 F150 I-6 8" lift with 35's
90 Mustang LX: in the chop shop... soon to be a new color with new motivation: Dart 363 with forced induction... 750ish+ rwhp. gotta keep with the times...
87 Mustang... DSS super pro bullet 306, Crower rods, Max quench pistons,Comp cam, stage III ported Holley/Brodix heads, TKO600, Vortech'd, pullied, etc.... 572rwhp... though it's day's are numbered....
Dave
Supporting Member

Post by Dave »

Mod motor Ranger. A lot of magazines had one of the several Rangers made with the 5.4L shown in them, a lot more than I remember.

www.musclemustangfastfords.com/features/0304mmff_lbolt/

Dave
COTLOD

Post by COTLOD »

thnx man.. checkin it out now.
Anything less than a 3.5" bore isnt worth a thimble full'o p**s.