c4 trans

All discussions about V8 Rangers

Moderator: MalcolmV8

jay
SM: No

c4 trans

Post by jay »

While changing the filter and fluid in my c4 the spring and brass piece fell out I am assuming that a ball bearing also fell out. Found everything but the ball bearing.

Was there a ball bearing? If so what size was it?

89 Ranger with a mild 289
Jay
Dave
Supporting Member

Post by Dave »

Jay,
Did you ever find out about that spring and check valve ball? I'm the one who sent you the shot from the Ford manual. If you dad has a 514 CI motor in a Ranger, this site would really, really like to see some pictures of it. The subject comes up every so often. Just about everyone here uses a small block, stock displacement or stroker version.
Dave
jay

Post by jay »

Yes, it seams on my trans a throttle pressure limit valve and spring are used. It comes out when pulling the filter. No check (ball) used. Unless someone says different but I could see where the valve had worn into the valve body slightly.

My son can most likely post some pictures of my dads fords including the Ranger. You could prod him some at ccrunner84@baker5.com.

I dont have a digital camera at this time but we did have some I will try to email you the file. Let me know if you are able to view.

Jay