New Paint Job and front grill

All you can handle multimedia.

Moderator: MalcolmV8

cgrey8
Supporting Member
SM: No

New Paint Job and front grill

Post by cgrey8 »

My truck's been needing a new paint job for quite some time now. It'd been repainted back somewhere around 95. The factory navy blue paint Ford put on the Ranger and Taurus back in the late 80s was known for peeling. My truck was no exception and I hadn't even owned it a year before the peeling started and got worse. So in 95, I got it repainted Teal Green. It looked a lot better than the stock color. And that color was popular back then.

That was a decent paint job, but it was showing its age. But I'd just been dragging my feet actually getting it done since it wasn't a high priority. Last year, I was sitting in still in a yield waiting for traffic to clear so I could proceed. The light turned yellow. A left-turner thought oncoming traffic was stopping. But one car didn't. They hit nearly head-on. The left-turner carneened the yellow-runner into me. Of the 3 vehicles involved, I ended up with the least damage...only a bent bumper and crunched DS fender. I got to drive away. The other two were not drivable at all. Anyway, that was what pushed me to go ahead and get the truck repainted.

While I was spending all that money, I decided to change the color again...back to blue, but a brighter blue. I think the official name of the color was Raceway Blue (a 2013 Toyota color). I also decided to ditch the factory grill and chrome headlight bezels and replace it all with black and fix a few other little dings and dents that were on the truck prior to the wreck. Here's what she looks like now:
PassSide.jpg
Rear_DS.jpg
The work was done by Styles Collision Center in Cartersville, GA. When I went to pick up the truck, I noticed that the body shop had forgotten to transfer over the black plastic from the old bumper to the new one. It's on order and when it comes in, they'll install it. Until then, the front bumper is a bit "brighter" with all the exposed chrome that would otherwise be covered.

Regardless, it's far better looking than it was before. I'll see if I can find a pic of what it looked like before.
...Always Somethin'

89 Ranger Supercab, 331, ported GT40p heads w/1.6RRs, Crane Powermax 2020 cam, ported Explorer lower, FMS Explorer (GT40p) headers, aftermarket T5 'Z-Spec', 8.8" rear w/3.27s, Powertrax Locker, A9L w/Moates QuarterHorse, Innovate LC-1, James Duff traction bars, iDelta DC Fan controller

Admin of EECtuning.org
cgrey8
Supporting Member
SM: No

Re: New Paint Job and front grill

Post by cgrey8 »

Here's a before pic:

Notice the dent above the rear wheel is now gone. YAY!

And no more side-mirrors. I never used them anyway. They always stayed folded in which you can see from is picture.

Also the dingy looking stock headlight enclosures are upgraded...but they were upgraded a while ago, not done as part of the paint job.

Next thing is the rims. I'd still like to find some solid-black wheel well moldings to replace the OEM chrome ones that are there. As said, I wish I could elimiate all "shiny" chrome on the truck and get everything black. But I'm just not interested in doing what it'd take to eliminate the chrome bumpers right now.
...Always Somethin'

89 Ranger Supercab, 331, ported GT40p heads w/1.6RRs, Crane Powermax 2020 cam, ported Explorer lower, FMS Explorer (GT40p) headers, aftermarket T5 'Z-Spec', 8.8" rear w/3.27s, Powertrax Locker, A9L w/Moates QuarterHorse, Innovate LC-1, James Duff traction bars, iDelta DC Fan controller

Admin of EECtuning.org