Another V-8 swap project

All you can handle multimedia.

Moderator: MalcolmV8

Dirt Farmer

Re: Another V-8 swap project

Post by Dirt Farmer »

Last edited by Dirt Farmer on Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Grumpy
SM: No

Post by Grumpy »

yea... my truck is on stands right now cuz it has no rear housing under it ... was goin to convert it from a 7.5 to an 8.8 but i dont need to now... as i got a 96 extended cab that has an 8.8 under it....

and as far as pix of your truck.... post up any and all pix that you got so we all can see what it looks like .. or a url if ya got them online somewhere like i do ... dunno if ya posted any of it b4 or not... if so..i missed them...lol

still confused now?? ,,,, lol
96 Ranger Extended cab - work in progress.. 5.0 out of a 90 Mustang GT..Tremec TKO-3550-2 with mid-shift conversion ..Explorer GT40 intake and fuel rails. X303 FMS cam . WP Jr alum heads . K&N air filter.lowered .Weld Drag Lites (or Weld Pro-Stars) .. a 8.8 with Auburn Pro ..Moser custom alloy street axles (31 spline) and a 3:73 gear.L&L engine mounts and oil filter adapter.Aluminum Rad from James Duff.

Peace from Oxford Miss.
Grumpy
Dirt Farmer

Post by Dirt Farmer »

Last edited by Dirt Farmer on Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Grumpy
SM: No

Post by Grumpy »

Toomanycars wrote:is it just me or is the back of your truck jacked up
that is why i said it was on stands with no rear end under it.... cuz he asked .... plus we had been talkin on the phone about some stuff also .. if he wasnt talking about me.. then over look my posts ... my bad.. sorry ....

as far as pix... i thought you had a diff v8 ranger other then the one on this post.. if not .... my bad.... sorry .....
96 Ranger Extended cab - work in progress.. 5.0 out of a 90 Mustang GT..Tremec TKO-3550-2 with mid-shift conversion ..Explorer GT40 intake and fuel rails. X303 FMS cam . WP Jr alum heads . K&N air filter.lowered .Weld Drag Lites (or Weld Pro-Stars) .. a 8.8 with Auburn Pro ..Moser custom alloy street axles (31 spline) and a 3:73 gear.L&L engine mounts and oil filter adapter.Aluminum Rad from James Duff.

Peace from Oxford Miss.
Grumpy
Dirt Farmer

Post by Dirt Farmer »

Dirt Farmer

Post by Dirt Farmer »

Well guys. This seems to be a dead forum, with just a hand full of people visiting, and nothing happening for days on end here. It seems past its prime, and might have been something before, (judging from past post dates) but now it's gone. Just to give you an example, I don't even think the guy that had the passion to create this site, for V8 Rangers, even owns one anymore.....just saying. The spark is gone. I must be moving on.
MalcolmV8
Supporting Member
SM: Yes

Post by MalcolmV8 »

Dirt Farmer wrote:I don't even think the guy that had the passion to create this site, for V8 Rangers, even owns one anymore.....just saying.
Well I can't own V8 Ranger's for ever. They are still very cool and unique trucks to build. I've built two and daily drove V8 Rangers for many years. Unfortunately we don't have double cab options in the states on the Rangers and I eventually had to pack it in for practicality with a family. Doesn't mean there are not still many others building and loving the V8 Rangers. I often get the itch to build another and may some day. I miss mine a lot.
92 302 Ranger - sold
94 302 Ranger AWD - sold
07 BMW 335xi - tuned, boost turned up, E85 - sold
04 911 TT - to many mods to list. Over 600 All Wheel HP on pump gas - sold
2015 Coyote - daily driver
03 Cobra - 2.3 TVS on a built 12:1 CR motor with ported heads, cams, long tubes etc.
MD Racing Lean Protection Module
E85

Tuned by MD Racing

https://www.youtube.com/c/MalcolmV8