Project Dropzone..

All you can handle multimedia.

Moderator: MalcolmV8

Toomanycars

Re: Project Dropzone..

Post by Toomanycars »

im thinking of the darker royal blue of the can .. little darker than the color of this car

cgrey8
Supporting Member
SM: No

Post by cgrey8 »

Ahh Lightning Blue...as in the color of the infamous Lightning Bolt Ranger:
...Always Somethin'

89 Ranger Supercab, 331, ported GT40p heads w/1.6RRs, Crane Powermax 2020 cam, ported Explorer lower, FMS Explorer (GT40p) headers, aftermarket T5 'Z-Spec', 8.8" rear w/3.27s, Powertrax Locker, A9L w/Moates QuarterHorse, Innovate LC-1, James Duff traction bars, iDelta DC Fan controller

Admin of EECtuning.org
Toomanycars

Post by Toomanycars »

never seen that truck before but dammmmmm thats about the color I want . And seeing it on a ranger pretty much cinches the deal ... LOL now i just need a paint code
cgrey8
Supporting Member

Post by cgrey8 »

google lightning bolt ranger to read all about it.
...Always Somethin'

89 Ranger Supercab, 331, ported GT40p heads w/1.6RRs, Crane Powermax 2020 cam, ported Explorer lower, FMS Explorer (GT40p) headers, aftermarket T5 'Z-Spec', 8.8" rear w/3.27s, Powertrax Locker, A9L w/Moates QuarterHorse, Innovate LC-1, James Duff traction bars, iDelta DC Fan controller

Admin of EECtuning.org
Toomanycars

Post by Toomanycars »

so I have been working on the truck a little bit every night . decided that I dident like the way everything was with the gt convertible mounts so i got some steal and pulled out the plasma and made my own ..

Heres the drivers side mount.. I used stock 4.0 mounts.. I started with a ruff cut shape and then after checking fitment i gave them some shape..

Passenger side after some shaping ..

After I was saticfied with them I gave them a few coats of hi temp primer and some crinkle black ..

I did set the motor back a bit and had a few places that i had to do some clearance work but nothing a few smacks from a dead blow couldent fix.
Toomanycars

Post by Toomanycars »

i ordered some parts today too..

got my Hayden 291 Oil Filter Relocation kit on its way and a new water pump and alt ...
Toomanycars

Post by Toomanycars »

I decided that it will be essayist to just buy a header kit and so im going with this kit..

http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Small-Blo ... ,3842.html
Grumpy

Post by Grumpy »

i found a WHOLE v8 swap kit here in Miss.... its got Heddman shortie headers... transdapt oil filter relocation and transdapt mounts.... they got it listed for $275 ... but he wants it GONE so ya might can get it a bit cheaper......... its on Craigslist..... here is the link... it has a phone number too ... http://northmiss.craigslist.org/pts/3088348835.html ....would make a great shelf stock for a later project ????? .........
96 Ranger Extended cab - work in progress.. 5.0 out of a 90 Mustang GT..Tremec TKO-3550-2 with mid-shift conversion ..Explorer GT40 intake and fuel rails. X303 FMS cam . WP Jr alum heads . K&N air filter.lowered .Weld Drag Lites (or Weld Pro-Stars) .. a 8.8 with Auburn Pro ..Moser custom alloy street axles (31 spline) and a 3:73 gear.L&L engine mounts and oil filter adapter.Aluminum Rad from James Duff.

Peace from Oxford Miss.
Grumpy
Toomanycars

Post by Toomanycars »

thanks grumpy i called and he said they were sold...
Toomanycars

Post by Toomanycars »

picked up some headman shorty headers for the v8 ranger swap today fer the tiddy sum of 80 bucks ..

installed them to check for clearance and they fit but there's a few places alittle bit of clearanceing is in order

Toomanycars

Post by Toomanycars »

few updates ... for a top end gasket kit from felpro and head bolts as well ... my heads are back from the machine shop.. complete and clean.. had a 3 angle valve job, new valve gides , new springs and retainers they machined everything smooth and put a coat of royal ford blue on them ...

started cleaning and sandblasting everything and coating it all with some duplicolor engine enamel.. the valve covers will be replaced latter on as I have to clear the roller rockers that i ordered ..

I found a 97 merc mountaineer 5.0 in the you pull yard and grabbed everything off the front of the motor power steering pump and bracket . alternator and bracket .. also got the upper and lower intake and the heads .. Brought it all home cleaned it and painted it all ...

Toomanycars

Post by Toomanycars »

ordered these today hope the intake clears them with out a spacer but we'll see

http://www.ebay.com/itm/160847133537?ss ... 1497.l2648
cgrey8
Supporting Member

Post by cgrey8 »

I'm curious how you'll get those to fit. I looked at different VC options, but found there weren't any stock VCs that would work with an Explorer 90 degree intake elbow. The Explorer elbows locate the oil inlet in an odd location at an odd angle to other VCs. However these it looks like you have to cut your own oil inlet hole for anyway...or get used to pouring your oil down the dipstick tube. :lol:

To get my stock Explorer VCs to clear the rockers, I had to use 5/16" thick VC gaskets and clearance the corners of the rockers on the ends of the engine. But I am using the stock VCs without any problem...at least I was. I had to reshim the VCs higher because the lifters were pumping up more than I expected and holding the valves open when they weren't supposed to be open. One of them pumped up so much it bound the spring and pushed the rocker to the side. I'm in the middle of fixing that now. I never realized how effective hydraulic lifters were at pumping up and holding their pressure. I've had to roll the engine over manually a few times to get the lifters to pump down to where I can "feel" the plunger action again. And some still aren't completely relieved. When I 1st pulled the VCs off to investigate the loud noise, every one of the lifters were pumped up so tight they felt like solid lifters...even days after I'd pulled the VCs. So unless you've already gone this route, when you go to measure for pushrod length, measure with a solid lifter, and only add another .025-.050"...no more. Without oil, the pushrods may push into the plungers with a very spongy feel. That sponginess goes away once the oil pressure hits them and the stiffen up to effectively being a solid lifter.
...Always Somethin'

Admin of EECtuning.org
Toomanycars

Post by Toomanycars »

well my valve covers showed up today .. they look pretty good nice and straight,.

Toomanycars

Post by Toomanycars »

well cgrey8 they fit just fine with a few small mods .. I had to remove the two vacuum ports from the far side of the upper intake .. I fingure that I will be able to get by just fine with out them . theres two vacuum trees in the middle that I can use... heres some pics of the whole deal..