Re: Project Dropzone..

Post by Toomanycars »

ordered my new headlights ..
cgrey8
Supporting Member
SM: No

Post by cgrey8 »

I wish those had been available when I bought mine. I like the look of those a lot better. The main headlight portion of mine look like yours. But they don't have the integrated side-reflectors. And of course, the LEDs don't exist in mine.
...Always Somethin'

89 Ranger Supercab, 331, ported GT40p heads w/1.6RRs, Crane Powermax 2020 cam, ported Explorer lower, FMS Explorer (GT40p) headers, aftermarket T5 'Z-Spec', 8.8" rear w/3.27s, Powertrax Locker, A9L w/Moates QuarterHorse, Innovate LC-1, James Duff traction bars, iDelta DC Fan controller

Admin of EECtuning.org
Toomanycars

Post by Toomanycars »

i really like the look of these ... the cost was a little high but its just money right .
cgrey8
Supporting Member

Post by cgrey8 »

I found your style on eBay for $145 shipped. Evidently they don't sell my style anymore. I guess this style has replaced them?
...Always Somethin'

89 Ranger Supercab, 331, ported GT40p heads w/1.6RRs, Crane Powermax 2020 cam, ported Explorer lower, FMS Explorer (GT40p) headers, aftermarket T5 'Z-Spec', 8.8" rear w/3.27s, Powertrax Locker, A9L w/Moates QuarterHorse, Innovate LC-1, James Duff traction bars, iDelta DC Fan controller

Admin of EECtuning.org
Toomanycars

Post by Toomanycars »

yup 145 is what i paid .. pisses me off cause i could have got them with an H.I.D kit fer 75$$ if i wouldent have been such a tight wadd last year
cgrey8
Supporting Member

Post by cgrey8 »

I researched the HID conversion kits a while back and there were issues like sacrificing brights. Or if you get brights, it's gimick kind of things that didn't report to have "acceptable" performance. However HID designed headlight enclosures using actual projectors would be very interesting. Although I don't know anybody that makes HID headlight replacements, not just "HID conversion" kits for housing intended for 9004 Halogen/Xenon bulbs.
...Always Somethin'

Admin of EECtuning.org
Toomanycars

Post by Toomanycars »

got home today to find a present from the ups man ..

wow a plain brown box i wonder whats inside..

I spose the only way to find out is to open it .

ohh those are nice .. good build quality

Toomanycars

Post by Toomanycars »

got some time to work on the truck today .. threw the front end together to see what i have to work with and this is what i got...

I dont like the grill so thats gona go.. havent figured out whats gona replace it but ill figure something outt. and I plan on making a filler panel for the space between the bumper and grill sash..
cgrey8
Supporting Member

Post by cgrey8 »

The one you have there looks like it was off an Explorer.

The only options I'm aware of for our era Rangers are the billet grilles. They are available in both chrome and black.

I know I've seen solid grilles but I don't think they come in kits. I think they were someone's bondo-fabrication. They look good but I'm sure they are a detriment to radiator airflow being they are solid. I also assume you'd need to get it painted with something other than spray-paint since it is the front of the truck and it's what people will see 1st.

At one time, eBay sold square-tube grilles, but I haven't seen them in years. I really hate not buying one of them back then. The square-tubes look much better than the billets to me. I'm amazed they weren't more popular.

Another option is to use the grille from an Aerostar minivan. I've heard they are a direct replacement for Rangers. They look better than the Ranger grilles, but I don't know that they look enough different than what you have to be worth your considering.
...Always Somethin'

Admin of EECtuning.org