My Build update

All you can handle multimedia.

Moderator: MalcolmV8

davem
SM: No

My Build update

Post by davem »

Well with help from some of you guys my build is getting close to complete. It started out as a 99 stepside show truck with a 2.5/5 sp stick. Now the engine is done and installed along with the new TCI trans. I bought a 89 virgin HO block and started from there. All other parts are new except the heads. TRW forged pistons, Comp roller cam,lifters,springs and rockers. GT40P heads with all new valves and machined for the comp springs. Edelbrock Intake and carb. TCI torque converter, and C4 trans. I did not have to alter my heater box and the original drive shaft fit perfect with the new 1330 yoke for the C4. The fuel tank has been removed and a fuel cell installed in the rear with a Carter electric pump and all new steel fuel lines 3/8". All wiring is in the factory harness after removing 33 wires. Our first show is May 28th and i will be there.

The bottom pic is what it started out as.
Thanks for the help and advise

Dave M
Attachments
MVC-003F.JPG
MVC-001F.JPG
MVC-004F.JPG
1999 stepside 5.0/Comp Cam, TRW forged pistons,Gt40P heads/w all comp cam valve train.TCI C4, custom Interior/ 100% show
1998 std cab 2.5/5 sp daily driver.
MalcolmV8
Supporting Member
SM: Yes

Re: My Build update

Post by MalcolmV8 »

Looks good. What sort of shows do you go to? are they truck shows or just general car shows and you enter a truck?
92 302 Ranger - sold
94 302 Ranger AWD - sold
07 BMW 335xi - tuned, boost turned up, E85 - sold
04 911 TT - to many mods to list. Over 600 All Wheel HP on pump gas - sold
2015 Coyote - daily driver
03 Cobra - 2.3 TVS on a built 12:1 CR motor with ported heads, cams, long tubes etc.
MD Racing Lean Protection Module
E85

Tuned by MD Racing

https://www.youtube.com/c/MalcolmV8
davem
SM: No

Post by davem »

Around this area they have a cruse in every week at a local restaurant and it attracts 25-30 nice hotrods every week, also within a 100 mile radius there is a regular car show open to any type of car or truck every month. The first one we are trying to go to is at Lane Automotive last year there were 1200 cars and trucks. You can check that one out on line at lane automotive. Best we have done in a points show is second on details. Its just something to do and meet a lot of nice folks. People are really interested in a ranger and ask a lot of questions.

Dave m
1999 stepside 5.0/Comp Cam, TRW forged pistons,Gt40P heads/w all comp cam valve train.TCI C4, custom Interior/ 100% show
1998 std cab 2.5/5 sp daily driver.
undead455

Post by undead455 »

Hi I'm in the process of planning my 5.0 swap and would like to use a carburator but was wondering how to handle the wiring. What to remove and what to keep. :D
1995 Ranger Supercab, Sport Trac guages, 3.0L (for now) automatic 2wd, B&M floor shift.