Check It !!!!

All you can handle multimedia.

Moderator: MalcolmV8

Grumpy
SM: No

Check It !!!!

Post by Grumpy »

http://shelbyamerican.com/sstruck.asp

i want one .... to dam bad i cant afford one !!!!!! .. wife is glad too !!!!!

lol
96 Ranger Extended cab - work in progress.. 5.0 out of a 90 Mustang GT..Tremec TKO-3550-2 with mid-shift conversion ..Explorer GT40 intake and fuel rails. X303 FMS cam . WP Jr alum heads . K&N air filter.lowered .Weld Drag Lites (or Weld Pro-Stars) .. a 8.8 with Auburn Pro ..Moser custom alloy street axles (31 spline) and a 3:73 gear.L&L engine mounts and oil filter adapter.Aluminum Rad from James Duff.

Peace from Oxford Miss.
Grumpy
Dave
Supporting Member

Re: Check It !!!!

Post by Dave »

Sorry old buddy but give me the Roush version http://www.roushperformance.com/f150_500-rc.shtml. Don't see Shelby making any for awhile, never were a hot seller probably due to the cost.
Ran across a guy over in Minn who was kind of unhappy at where he was working and found a job doing Winter testing for Roush. Not just Fords but all kinds of different cars/trucks - how do you fall into a job like that!
Dave of the Nord
'66'Ranchero 302/5 speed
2015 Stage 3 Roush - rated at 670 hp
2000 Ext Cab/4 door swap project
2000 Ext Cab/4 door, Summer beater
2000 Ext Cab/4 door, Winter beater
1969 Fairlane Cobra in Barn, just waiting
MalcolmV8
Supporting Member
SM: Yes

Post by MalcolmV8 »

Speaking of Shelbys, Dave have you had a chance to run one yet? my buddy has a 2011 GT500, an underrated 550hp stock from that blown 5.4, and he has the SVT package which throws in 3:73 gears and what ever else. Fast little suckers. He actually kinda keeps up with me. He's close enough that if I screw up a shift he'll get around me a bit. Throw a whipple on that thing and it's gonna be a beast.
92 302 Ranger - sold
94 302 Ranger AWD - sold
07 BMW 335xi - tuned, boost turned up, E85 - sold
04 911 TT - to many mods to list. Over 600 All Wheel HP on pump gas - sold
2015 Coyote - daily driver
03 Cobra - 2.3 TVS on a built 12:1 CR motor with ported heads, cams, long tubes etc.
MD Racing Lean Protection Module
E85

Tuned by MD Racing

https://www.youtube.com/c/MalcolmV8
Dave
Supporting Member

Post by Dave »

Malcolm, Never really ran anybody except one hell of fast little sleeper STI on the interstate. Car was new and I was just learning what it could do. Guy was really cool, used to pass me on the way to work after that and wave, not like your typical Ricers. Am going to take it to the strip (Bryon down in Ill) this Spring. Need to get that MGW shifter put in and a good dyno tune! I'm rated at 550/550 right now with the stock Roush tune and the TVS 2300, makes for a fun Summer DD. Was going to ask but forgot, what have you up your sleeve that you need to upgrade them injectors so large----??????????????
Dave
'66'Ranchero 302/5 speed
2015 Stage 3 Roush - rated at 670 hp
2000 Ext Cab/4 door swap project
2000 Ext Cab/4 door, Summer beater
2000 Ext Cab/4 door, Winter beater
1969 Fairlane Cobra in Barn, just waiting
MalcolmV8
Supporting Member
SM: Yes

Post by MalcolmV8 »

Dave you'll love the MGW shifter. I've tried a few and the MGW is by far the nicest hands down. Quality, smoothness, and the way it shifts etc.

As for the injectors it was the new Whipple 2.9 blower for the 03 Cobras that came out. They are very efficient and will put me around 630 whp on pump gas. The real fun however comes when you switch to E85. Guys are making 750 + to the tires. That's why such massive injectors :) lol. However that Whipple upgrade just got put on hold for a summer or so. I decided my car is fast enough for now (not really) and got all excited about a new project.

I pick up my new project on Monday night if all goes to plan. I won't reveal it yet but lets just say it involves a turbo and has been something I've wanted to do for a long long time. When I actually get the project I'll post up pics and start a thread... it's way off from my normal projects, I imagine you'll be surprised :)
92 302 Ranger - sold
94 302 Ranger AWD - sold
07 BMW 335xi - tuned, boost turned up, E85 - sold
04 911 TT - to many mods to list. Over 600 All Wheel HP on pump gas - sold
2015 Coyote - daily driver
03 Cobra - 2.3 TVS on a built 12:1 CR motor with ported heads, cams, long tubes etc.
MD Racing Lean Protection Module
E85

Tuned by MD Racing

https://www.youtube.com/c/MalcolmV8
fordmike

Post by fordmike »

That Shelby is a way better looking truck then the Roush truck. Dont get me wrong I would take either one of them.
If I had the money and could get either one it would be the Shelby all the way for me and same would go for the Mustangs. :mrgreen: