Grumpy's Ranger Pix

All you can handle multimedia.

Moderator: MalcolmV8

jzwartster
SM: No

Re: Grumpy's Ranger Pix

Post by jzwartster »

oh **** I know where Gaylord is> I broke down there in my s10 with 301 pontiac in it, headin home from the St. Ignious Car show across the bridge.
jzwartster

Post by jzwartster »

I know where gaylord is. I broke down there comin home from the St. Ignious car show back in the day.
carvinmark

Post by carvinmark »

jzwartster wrote:I know where gaylord is. I broke down there comin home from the St. Ignious car show back in the day.
Yup, been there several times.
88 Ranger short bed, 5.0 HO, T5, 9", My driver, Thanks guys for your help
63 Falcon, chopped top, tubbed, many mods, sitting for many years, soon to have 331 and T5
60 Galaxie Starliner, chopped rat rod cruiser
Berrian 100" rail, Corvair 140+ 6 cylinder
00 Explorer, 4.0, AWD, daily driver
Grumpy

Post by Grumpy »

making some progress.... got the engine installed last night .... L&L mounts worked great and the oil filter adapter clears too ... got like 3 inches between the front of the water pump to the radiator so no clearance probs so far ...got to take my headers and get them sand blasted and painted in the next couple days ....

here are a couple updated pix ....

https://picasaweb.google.com/1014602644 ... 9973/Pix02#
96 Ranger Extended cab - work in progress.. 5.0 out of a 90 Mustang GT..Tremec TKO-3550-2 with mid-shift conversion ..Explorer GT40 intake and fuel rails. X303 FMS cam . WP Jr alum heads . K&N air filter.lowered .Weld Drag Lites (or Weld Pro-Stars) .. a 8.8 with Auburn Pro ..Moser custom alloy street axles (31 spline) and a 3:73 gear.L&L engine mounts and oil filter adapter.Aluminum Rad from James Duff.

Peace from Oxford Miss.
Grumpy
rangerfab

Post by rangerfab »

Those are some purrty pics kevin.....looks bitchin!!!
rangerfab

Post by rangerfab »

would be nice to drop that in a trophy truck.
Dave
Supporting Member

Post by Dave »

You really need some better heads!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dave of the Nord
What some weather this week, will call on Sat
'66'Ranchero 302/5 speed
2015 Stage 3 Roush - rated at 670 hp
2000 Ext Cab/4 door swap project
2000 Ext Cab/4 door, Summer beater
2000 Ext Cab/4 door, Winter beater
1969 Fairlane Cobra in Barn, just waiting
Grumpy

Post by Grumpy »

Dave,,, yes i do need some better heads ..... seems i sent a payment to someone for some WP Jr aluminum's .... but i cant remember who..LMAO

just kidding bro ... just giving ya a hard time ....

hows the weather up there ?? still snowing ??

well we are supposed to get rain and thunderstorms starting tonight and go thru Sat night ... so i might need a boat to get around here shortly ... lol

made more progress on my truck today/tonight got the mid-shift conversion done ... looks GOOD too ... will post some pix in the AM .. im to beat an wore out to do it tonight ......
96 Ranger Extended cab - work in progress.. 5.0 out of a 90 Mustang GT..Tremec TKO-3550-2 with mid-shift conversion ..Explorer GT40 intake and fuel rails. X303 FMS cam . WP Jr alum heads . K&N air filter.lowered .Weld Drag Lites (or Weld Pro-Stars) .. a 8.8 with Auburn Pro ..Moser custom alloy street axles (31 spline) and a 3:73 gear.L&L engine mounts and oil filter adapter.Aluminum Rad from James Duff.

Peace from Oxford Miss.
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Grumpy »

more done... so here are some more pix....

https://picasaweb.google.com/1014602644 ... 9973/Pix02#

mid-shift conversion was SO EASY to do ....lol...Bob Hanlon was right .. simple as could be ..ill be referring Hanlon Motorsports to anyone that i see needs help .....

Peace from Oxford Miss.
Grumpy
Dave
Supporting Member

Post by Dave »

I told you that was a nice place to deal with! Now to order the tower dust cover, want me to order one that I can put in your shipment and just add it to the total? It's around $26 and I need one.
Dave of the Nord
'66'Ranchero 302/5 speed
Grumpy

Post by Grumpy »

Dave wrote:I told you that was a nice place to deal with! Now to order the tower dust cover, want me to order one that I can put in your shipment and just add it to the total? It's around $26 and I need one.
Dave of the Nord

nah ... ill get my wife to put it on her debit card since its not that much ...or get my mom to order it ...lol

thanks anyway for the thought tho .. would be good to have a part # if ya got it tho ....

and yes its a GREAT place... i really like the speed they use to get ya order out and the customer service is awesome as i dont know ANYWHERE that will take time to talk to you about something till you understand what and how to do something ... and if they not there .. you can leave a message and he WILL call you back... now how many other places will do that ??? .....
Last edited by Grumpy on Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Peace from Oxford Miss.
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Grumpy »

IF i can get caught up on a couple vehicles b4 the weekend.... ill be putting the new flywheel and pilot bearing and all the clutch setup and the slave bracket and slave cylinder and line and the TKO and hopefully the cross member in this weekend or the the first part of next week ..... wish me luck ....lmao ....

Peace from Oxford Miss.
Grumpy
Dave
Supporting Member

Post by Dave »

Hey Grumpy,
Be careful with that flywheel, bolting up the pressure plate. Mark ran into a problem with the one he got. Remember him saying someone had screwed up the threads using the wrong bolts. Ford uses the metric while after market uses (most) SAE. Just a FYI. I have thread chasers that I always use to check to make sure of which series of threads I'm dealing with. Remeber one guy who did get 7/16-14 bolts to go into his Explorer manifolds that were M12-1.75. Said he thought they were interference fits. Well, they are now!
Dave - still 8-12" on the ground.
'66'Ranchero 302/5 speed
carvinmark

Post by carvinmark »

Dave wrote:Hey Grumpy,
Be careful with that flywheel, bolting up the pressure plate. Mark ran into a problem with the one he got. Remember him saying someone had screwed up the threads using the wrong bolts. Ford uses the metric while after market uses (most) SAE. Just a FYI. I have thread chasers that I always use to check to make sure of which series of threads I'm dealing with. Remeber one guy who did get 7/16-14 bolts to go into his Explorer manifolds that were M12-1.75. Said he thought they were interference fits. Well, they are now!
Dave - still 8-12" on the ground.
Good point Dave, I was just going to tell him about my encounter with the wrong bolts used on holding the pressure plate on, I still can't belive someone just cross threaded the wrong ones in and drove it, not for me!
88 Ranger short bed, 5.0 HO, T5, 9", My driver, Thanks guys for your help
63 Falcon, chopped top, tubbed, many mods, sitting for many years, soon to have 331 and T5
60 Galaxie Starliner, chopped rat rod cruiser
Berrian 100" rail, Corvair 140+ 6 cylinder
00 Explorer, 4.0, AWD, daily driver
Grumpy

Post by Grumpy »

yup... been there too ,,, thats why i got the correct ones and they are form ARP also ... that way they wont fail ....plus i run them in by finger to make sure they go all the way in and not have any slack or binding or anything ....

oh... ran into a small prob with my mounts.... got to pull the engine back up and relocate them cuz the front drag link on the steering hit the front of the oil pan ... its not a big prob... just more time ....

Peace from Oxford Miss.
Grumpy