Grumpy's Ranger Pix

All you can handle multimedia.

Moderator: MalcolmV8

Grumpy
SM: No

Grumpy's Ranger Pix

Post by Grumpy »

well.. here are some updated pix of what i got to work with so far .... i got the Kaufman headers too but havent taken any pix of them yet..... will post them when i do get pix of them .. anyway ... any questions or comments are welcome
you guys are GREAT for helping me get this thing going in the direction im in now.... if it weren't for yall i would still be sittin on my thumbs.....lol

http://picasaweb.google.com/10146026446 ... RangerPix#

now remember ... these pix are before i swap out the intake and paint and other things ..
96 Ranger Extended cab - work in progress.. 5.0 out of a 90 Mustang GT..Tremec TKO-3550-2 with mid-shift conversion ..Explorer GT40 intake and fuel rails. X303 FMS cam . WP Jr alum heads . K&N air filter.lowered .Weld Drag Lites (or Weld Pro-Stars) .. a 8.8 with Auburn Pro ..Moser custom alloy street axles (31 spline) and a 3:73 gear.L&L engine mounts and oil filter adapter.Aluminum Rad from James Duff.

Peace from Oxford Miss.
Grumpy
Grumpy

Re: Grumpy's Ranger Pix

Post by Grumpy »

btw.. a lil update... i have gotten started on my truck now... its in my dads shop and got the engine mounts all in (L&L) and the oil filter adapter (L&L) and got the new oil pump in and the pan back on and the block and pan painted ... took the valve covers and TA rear end cover to a buddies house and got them sand blasted and painted like the intake i got.. DAM they look good too ... i might have to repaint the block a diff color now(its black at the moment) but that can be changed.... i also got ALL the old computer and wire harness and junk out of the way along with the old AC plenum and a few more things.... so .. its at least goin in the right direction now ... next is to install the new wire harness and computer and sort out where what wires go where ...then beat back the trans tunnel lip and then drop in the engine and do up the the heater plenum and get all the newly painted valve covers and intake on it... maybe then it will look like a truck again... lol ... but all that might have to wait till a day or 3 after Christmas ...lol

more pix to come as soon as i can steal my wifes phone or get a new digital camera
96 Ranger Extended cab - work in progress.. 5.0 out of a 90 Mustang GT..Tremec TKO-3550-2 with mid-shift conversion ..Explorer GT40 intake and fuel rails. X303 FMS cam . WP Jr alum heads . K&N air filter.lowered .Weld Drag Lites (or Weld Pro-Stars) .. a 8.8 with Auburn Pro ..Moser custom alloy street axles (31 spline) and a 3:73 gear.L&L engine mounts and oil filter adapter.Aluminum Rad from James Duff.

Peace from Oxford Miss.
Grumpy
carvinmark

Post by carvinmark »

Glad you are progressing.
88 Ranger short bed, 5.0 HO, T5, 9", My driver, Thanks guys for your help
63 Falcon, chopped top, tubbed, many mods, sitting for many years, soon to have 331 and T5
60 Galaxie Starliner, chopped rat rod cruiser
Berrian 100" rail, Corvair 140+ 6 cylinder
00 Explorer, 4.0, AWD, daily driver
Grumpy

Post by Grumpy »

added a couple more updated pix of the engine after cleanup and paint.... not done yet... but will be ready to install it in the next few days to a week or so ..... then pull it all back out and swap the heads over when i get those from Dave ......lol.....

the new pix are listed as ...
Before_Side
Before_Front
After_side
After_front

they should be the last 4 pix there... but you will be able to see the After ones by the paint ......

http://picasaweb.google.com/10146026446 ... 8276066354

Peace from Oxford Miss.
Grumpy
jzwartster

Post by jzwartster »

lookin good R U running fuel injection? Power Steering, Brakes? That alot of extra stuff under the hood, Fuel Injectio would be nice economicly.
Grumpy

Post by Grumpy »

yup... running EFI ... with power steering and power brakes ... no A/C tho ...although i got all the stuff to put A/C on it .... ill prob do that LATER .....lol

but yup... 5.0 EFI
Tremec 3550-2 TKO with mid shift conversion
8.8 rear with Auburn Pro diff and FMS 3:73 gears with Moser Alloy Street Axles

uumm.. and ALOT more ... ill have to post a list one day of what all i got... getting and goin to do ....

Peace from Oxford Miss.
Grumpy
jzwartster

Post by jzwartster »

awt to drive nice. I eliminated all the extras. I want all the power ro the rear wheels.lol. And less to go wrong. I even eliminated the wiring harness and computer and went old school... hot wire and ground.
carvinmark

Post by carvinmark »

Mine was so basic when I got it, no PS or PB, just how I want it, easy and basic.
63 Falcon, chopped top, tubbed, many mods, sitting for many years, soon to have 331 and T5
Grumpy

Post by Grumpy »

well when i got mine 5 years ago ... it has PS PB and heat.... no A/C or even a stereo or antane but i put them on ... then took the A/C of to put the 5.0 in ....

i h ave been collecting parts to do this swap for over 15 years now.... and finally got all but just a couple things to do it with .... and that will be coming here REALLY soon...... like in the next week ... so i can get back on this and get it done .... i cant wait..... its gettin CLOSE to being put all together .... ill keep posting pix and updates as i get stuff done ....

anyone that wants to add me to facebook can do so if they wish .... my name is Kevin Dorris and the avatar is a pic of me standing in a doorway with a denim jacket on .... im in Oxford Miss. too if that will help .......

Peace from Oxford Miss.
Grumpy
carvinmark

Post by carvinmark »

I sent ya a friends request, Mark Easterle.
jzwartster

Post by jzwartster »

wow you share that name with a lot of others. I sent you a friend request too. Jason Zwart
carvinmark

Post by carvinmark »

jzwartster wrote:wow you share that name with a lot of others. I sent you a friend request too. Jason Zwart
I just sent one to you too Jason.
jzwartster

Post by jzwartster »

Got it, Wheres Fredrick MI? Im originally from Muskegon on the west cost, had to get away from all the snow!
jzwartster

Post by jzwartster »

Ive got some videos of how the truck sounds, Yall get a chance let me know what you think.
carvinmark

Post by carvinmark »

jzwartster wrote:Got it, Wheres Fredrick MI? Im originally from Muskegon on the west cost, had to get away from all the snow!
I'm near Grayling and Gaylord, we got snow, too much.