Driving my turbocharged v8 ranger

All you can handle multimedia.

Moderator: MalcolmV8

302project
SM: No

Re: Driving my turbocharged v8 ranger

Post by 302project »

Yeah v8 rangers in the rain are loco, boosted v8s are hell no lol. I'm not boosting 22 psi, I'm only boosting 12 psi for now, 22 psi with these tires i will not get traction not even 160 mph and I think that it sounds kinda dangerous lol. Wider tires are in the future. I have to worry about my overheating problem (still) and brakes.
1993 Ford Ranger STX with a BOSS302 4-bolt main block in 5.0L form, Scat crank and rods, Probe pistons, Trickflow twisted wedge heads, intake and fuel rails, Scorpion 1.6 roller rockers, Automotive A1000 fuel pump, Canton oil pan, Mellin high volume oil pump, B&G Custom headers, PT88 Turbo, HPX PMAS MAF, MSD A6L box and distributor, Ford Racing 9 mm spark plug wires, 80 lbs Siemems injectors, stock A9L computer with an SCT 4 bank chip, ford 9" rear with coil overs, Tremec TKO500.
v8ranger

Post by v8ranger »

what are you runing for fan's and radiator?
1986 Ranger with 1990 5.0 HO roller motor
Ported GT-40 heads
Duel plane air gap intake with 750cfm Holly
Paxton SN93 Supercharger with 3 1/2" pulley.
8 to 9psi of boost??
T-5 trans
Large tube shorty headers
Stock posi rear end
302project

Post by 302project »

For radiator I'm running the Afco v8 ranger swap radiator

And for fan i'm running a 14" perma-cool fan

Before the turbo setup I used to have two of these fans in the front as pusher where the intercooler is now, and when I was cruising the temp did not go past
180 degrees but if I was sitting in traffic it would go to 205+ but as soon as I got out of it it went straight down which it wasn't too
bad. But now with a huge intercooler blocking the air flow is a different story.

I have something planned for this issue, hopefully it will fix this. But I will be in a couple of weeks due to money :(
1993 Ford Ranger STX with a BOSS302 4-bolt main block in 5.0L form, Scat crank and rods, Probe pistons, Trickflow twisted wedge heads, intake and fuel rails, Scorpion 1.6 roller rockers, Automotive A1000 fuel pump, Canton oil pan, Mellin high volume oil pump, B&G Custom headers, PT88 Turbo, HPX PMAS MAF, MSD A6L box and distributor, Ford Racing 9 mm spark plug wires, 80 lbs Siemems injectors, stock A9L computer with an SCT 4 bank chip, ford 9" rear with coil overs, Tremec TKO500.
v8ranger

Post by v8ranger »

I had a radiator custom made to my specs. I have 2, 12 inch electric fans on my set up as pullers. I think the only time I have any, " running warmer than usual " is when its in the upper 80 to lower 90's out side and I'm stuck in traffic. Its has never goten hot, to a point I have had to shut it off or anything. But when its that hot outside we take the car with A/C, lol.
Ported GT-40 heads
8 to 9psi of boost??
T-5 trans
Stock posi rear end
fordguy80

Post by fordguy80 »

hey what systum did you use too get youer t5 too work ?
v8ranger

Post by v8ranger »

I had a cable setup at first. What a pain in the ass...... Its much easier to run the hydrolic setup than you think... I used my stock master cylinder then used a slave cylinder for an 84,, I think that was the year.... Then made a bracket and bolted it to the bell housing.... There are some old treads around here somewhere for what some people have used... Many differant than mine, some the same......
Ported GT-40 heads
8 to 9psi of boost??
T-5 trans
Stock posi rear end
carvinmark

Post by carvinmark »

v8ranger wrote:I had a cable setup at first. What a pain in the ass...... Its much easier to run the hydrolic setup than you think... I used my stock master cylinder then used a slave cylinder for an 84,, I think that was the year.... Then made a bracket and bolted it to the bell housing.... There are some old treads around here somewhere for what some people have used... Many differant than mine, some the same......
Mine is the same way and it works great.
88 Ranger short bed, 5.0 HO, T5, 9", My driver, Thanks guys for your help
63 Falcon, chopped top, tubbed, many mods, sitting for many years, soon to have 331 and T5
60 Galaxie Starliner, chopped rat rod cruiser
Berrian 100" rail, Corvair 140+ 6 cylinder
00 Explorer, 4.0, AWD, daily driver