Please help need info b4 swap!!!!

Sit back and relax. This is the place to chat about anything and everything.

Moderator: MalcolmV8

Ford4Funsc

Please help need info b4 swap!!!!

Post by Ford4Funsc »

Have a v6 3.0l ford ranger 4x4 '94. We are going to attempt a swap of a ford 302 v8 we want to keep it a manual transmission and the new engine will be fuel injected. Please help I need information regarding the transmission are there any year ford trucks that came with a fuel injected and manual transmission? If so what engine code and transmission? 28 spline 8.8 rear diff installed from 92 ranger Dana 44 front axel swap completed 3 inch suspension lift and 2 inch body lift completed its time to get the new engine and tranny in please give as much info as possible I can handle install but trying to get the block and tranny as cheap as possible.

For a good cause, mine and my cousins best friend died in a car crash a few months back and this ranger was his. We are fulfilling his wish list any prayer and info is appreciated. Thank you for any help you can provide.
Dave
Supporting Member
SM: No

Re: Please help need info b4 swap!!!!

Post by Dave »

Welcome to our little group here! For sure the '96' F-150 would have the trans and xfer case to use. There are adapters to use your stock case also. Got to check on a couple of other things also.
Dave
'66'Ranchero 302/5 speed
2015 Stage 3 Roush - rated at 670 hp
2000 Ext Cab/4 door swap project
2000 Ext Cab/4 door, Summer beater
2000 Ext Cab/4 door, Winter beater
1969 Fairlane Cobra in Barn, just waiting