Yep got the Stang home but

Sit back and relax. This is the place to chat about anything and everything.

Moderator: MalcolmV8

Dave
Supporting Member
SM: No

Yep got the Stang home but

Post by Dave »

Got the Stang home Monday night before the cold rain hit again. Of course had to jump start it, back it up, 6" from the wall of doors and 6" from a Chumero on the other side. Tryed to see if I could make the turn around the Chumero and not loose the front end on the wall. No go so shut it down. Got out my jack and started to lift the rear end when the handle came out of the stub housing. Now the jack can't be pumped up or let down - stuck under there. Neighbor runs home to get his jack so I start the car again and it does start but running really rough, gone into limp mode after having to jump it again. A/F gauge showed 20:1, wouldn't rev pass 1000 rpm. Words were said then and shut it down. Neightbor came back and with his jack, able to get mine out. With a jack on each axle were able to push the back end around and headed straight for the door, Had to jump it again but thankfully and reset it's self and ran great. Got home with no problem with wet muddy tires and a wet road meant 1500 rpm all the way home. Now both sides are covered really good with the mud from the parking lot. Maybe the rain will help, some snow again tommorrow but 70 degs on Sat and today Sunday, maybe 75 on Tues. More days in the 70's than the 50's and 60's compbined - screwy weather
Happy Spring might me here up here!
Dave
'66'Ranchero 302/5 speed
2015 Stage 3 Roush - rated at 670 hp
2000 Ext Cab/4 door swap project
2000 Ext Cab/4 door, Summer beater
2000 Ext Cab/4 door, Winter beater
1969 Fairlane Cobra in Barn, just waiting
cgrey8
Supporting Member
SM: No

Re: Yep got the Stang home but

Post by cgrey8 »

I'm confused by what happened.
...Always Somethin'

89 Ranger Supercab, 331, ported GT40p heads w/1.6RRs, Crane Powermax 2020 cam, ported Explorer lower, FMS Explorer (GT40p) headers, aftermarket T5 'Z-Spec', 8.8" rear w/3.27s, Powertrax Locker, A9L w/Moates QuarterHorse, Innovate LC-1, James Duff traction bars, iDelta DC Fan controller

Admin of EECtuning.org