Trade lowering I-beams?

Sale of V8 Ranger trucks and parts

Moderator: MalcolmV8

Raynger
SM: No

Trade lowering I-beams?

Post by Raynger »

I have a set of 3in drop I-beams for a 83-88 ranger. I'm looking for a set for a 89-97! Anyone wanna trade?
1988 Ford Ranger XLT - Stock injected 95 mustang Gt motor, 95 T-5 trans and wheels.
Grumpy

Re: Trade lowering I-beams?

Post by Grumpy »

i can tell ya a secret... the ones for the 83 to 88... are the same as the ones for a 89 to 96 .... this i know cuz im swapping projects and called Bell-Tech to make sure my drop i-beams would work.... they ASSURED me... they are the same !! ... or if you want to be sure.... look them up on the web and give the Tech dept a call... they will tell ya in about 15 seconds.....lol
96 Ranger Extended cab - work in progress.. 5.0 out of a 90 Mustang GT..Tremec TKO-3550-2 with mid-shift conversion ..Explorer GT40 intake and fuel rails. X303 FMS cam . WP Jr alum heads . K&N air filter.lowered .Weld Drag Lites (or Weld Pro-Stars) .. a 8.8 with Auburn Pro ..Moser custom alloy street axles (31 spline) and a 3:73 gear.L&L engine mounts and oil filter adapter.Aluminum Rad from James Duff.

Peace from Oxford Miss.
Grumpy
Raynger

Post by Raynger »

83-88 mount the ball joints in the I-beam and 89-96 mount them in the spindle. I'd double check that rep on the phone, make sure they ain't blowing smoke. I'd be grumpy if they sold me on the wrong ones!
1988 Ford Ranger XLT - Stock injected 95 mustang Gt motor, 95 T-5 trans and wheels.
Grumpy

Post by Grumpy »

my 90 and 96 have them in the i beams.. not the spindle ....
96 Ranger Extended cab - work in progress.. 5.0 out of a 90 Mustang GT..Tremec TKO-3550-2 with mid-shift conversion ..Explorer GT40 intake and fuel rails. X303 FMS cam . WP Jr alum heads . K&N air filter.lowered .Weld Drag Lites (or Weld Pro-Stars) .. a 8.8 with Auburn Pro ..Moser custom alloy street axles (31 spline) and a 3:73 gear.L&L engine mounts and oil filter adapter.Aluminum Rad from James Duff.

Peace from Oxford Miss.
Grumpy
Toomanycars

Post by Toomanycars »

heres a pic of the belltech drop kit i have in my 91 ..

Raynger

Post by Raynger »

Anyone got the new style to trade for the old?
Attachments
Here are the 89-97 set up.  Notice the smaller holes and the sinch bolt to tighten up the hole.
Here are the 89-97 set up. Notice the smaller holes and the sinch bolt to tighten up the hole.
83-88 Ranger. Notice the large holes for the pressed in ball joints
83-88 Ranger. Notice the large holes for the pressed in ball joints
Raynger

Post by Raynger »

Here is an actual pick of what i'd like to trade.
Thanks, Ray
Attachments
83-88 Ranger 2WD 3" drop I-beams
83-88 Ranger 2WD 3" drop I-beams
Grumpy

Post by Grumpy »

that is the same I-Beams i got on my 90 and i called the tech guys at Bell Tech and hey said its a direct swap up to a 96 cuz in 97 they went to a diff suspension.....

Peace from Oxford Miss.
Grumpy
Raynger

Post by Raynger »

Yes, a 90 and 96 are interchangeable. Take a closer look at what you got! Not sure but if I remember correctly, belltech does not make I-beams for 83-88 and they're a little harder to find.

83-88 first generation beams (ball joint threads point down, castle nuts below ball joints)
89-97 redesigned I-beams (ball joint threads point up, castle nuts on top)
98+ Control arms (completely different, no I-beams)

I'm not looking for advice or secrets, if so i'd post in the discussions. If you'd like to do some trading, let me know!