Cleaning out the garage, throwing crap away...

Sale of V8 Ranger trucks and parts

Moderator: MalcolmV8

cgrey8
Supporting Member
SM: No

Cleaning out the garage, throwing crap away...

Post by cgrey8 »

I cleaned out the garage of crap from the new 331. The only things I think there might be value in is:
  • Stock Explorer roller cam. This cam is nothing I can brag about but with 1.7RRs, it might be OK. I've read on a few truck forums that carbed guys really like the Explorer cam. I don't know what they like about it, but if someone wants it, I have no plans for it.
  • Stock Explorer pistons and connecting rods
  • Stock Explorer 302 crankshaft...a standard Ford 302 crank. I believe its the same crank Ford has used in 302s since the 50oz balance.
  • Stock Explorer rockers/valve springs/retainers. I'm not sure these are worth the shipping. But I thought I'd offer before they get dumped.
  • Stock Explorer fuel rail with FPR. It doesn't have the Schrader valve in it. It's a little rusty but the inside of the tubes look OK.
  • Stock Explorer tube-style manifolds (DS and PS) complete with foil heat shields. They aren't that great for flow, but they are a fit for GT40p heads and offer great clearance in a Ranger engine bay. They would be an OK manifold for a budget build.
  • Stock Explorer pickup tube and aluminum oil pan. I can't remember if the pan is from a 2wd or 4wd Explorer if it even matters. I might even still have the longer pan bolts necessary when running that aluminum pan.
  • Stock Explorer timing chain and gears. It's NOT a double-roller. I don't know that these are ever reused given you can replace them for fairly cheap. But if someone wants this set, it appears to be in good shape.
I will ship any of these parts to anybody willing to pay my shipping and packing cost. Otherwise they are going with the next garbage pickup.
...Always Somethin'

89 Ranger Supercab, 331, ported GT40p heads w/1.6RRs, Crane Powermax 2020 cam, ported Explorer lower, FMS Explorer (GT40p) headers, aftermarket T5 'Z-Spec', 8.8" rear w/3.27s, Powertrax Locker, A9L w/Moates QuarterHorse, Innovate LC-1, James Duff traction bars, iDelta DC Fan controller

Admin of EECtuning.org
Grumpy

Re: Cleaning out the garage, throwing crap away...

Post by Grumpy »

got a pic of the oil pan and pickup ??? and will it work on my 90 swap ??? 302 out of a 90 GT and L&L mounts... i think yall seen all the stuff i got to work with ....lol
96 Ranger Extended cab - work in progress.. 5.0 out of a 90 Mustang GT..Tremec TKO-3550-2 with mid-shift conversion ..Explorer GT40 intake and fuel rails. X303 FMS cam . WP Jr alum heads . K&N air filter.lowered .Weld Drag Lites (or Weld Pro-Stars) .. a 8.8 with Auburn Pro ..Moser custom alloy street axles (31 spline) and a 3:73 gear.L&L engine mounts and oil filter adapter.Aluminum Rad from James Duff.

Peace from Oxford Miss.
Grumpy
cgrey8
Supporting Member

Post by cgrey8 »

I'll see if I can find one. Although I abandoned that pan in favor of a dual sump purely because there was some concern if it would work in a Ranger, but the dual sump was a tried-n-true pan that was guaranteed to work. So the short answer is, I still don't know if it'll work.
...Always Somethin'

89 Ranger Supercab, 331, ported GT40p heads w/1.6RRs, Crane Powermax 2020 cam, ported Explorer lower, FMS Explorer (GT40p) headers, aftermarket T5 'Z-Spec', 8.8" rear w/3.27s, Powertrax Locker, A9L w/Moates QuarterHorse, Innovate LC-1, James Duff traction bars, iDelta DC Fan controller

Admin of EECtuning.org
cgrey8
Supporting Member

Post by cgrey8 »

Here's some pics of the oil pan:
ExplorerOilPan2.jpg
ExplorerOilPan3.jpg
ExplorerOilPickup.jpg
...Always Somethin'

Admin of EECtuning.org
Grumpy

Post by Grumpy »

i dunno if that will work or not ...... it dont have the dual sumps like my metal 90 GT pan does.... so i dunno if i would want to chance it just to see..... so i guess ill stick to my steel dual sump one i got now.....ty anyway
96 Ranger Extended cab - work in progress.. 5.0 out of a 90 Mustang GT..Tremec TKO-3550-2 with mid-shift conversion ..Explorer GT40 intake and fuel rails. X303 FMS cam . WP Jr alum heads . K&N air filter.lowered .Weld Drag Lites (or Weld Pro-Stars) .. a 8.8 with Auburn Pro ..Moser custom alloy street axles (31 spline) and a 3:73 gear.L&L engine mounts and oil filter adapter.Aluminum Rad from James Duff.

Peace from Oxford Miss.
Grumpy
cgrey8
Supporting Member

Post by cgrey8 »

Oh, I also forgot, I'm throwing out the Stock Explorer Balancer because it has a chip in the pulley.

Some said its no big deal. Others say they wouldn't run it. I found a local guy selling a perfectly good Explorer balancer on eBay so I picked it up cheap AND didn't have to pay shipping. Add to that, my 331 uses a standard 28oz balance crankshaft so the replacement balancer will be drilled out to be 28oz imbalance to match. So there's little reason in me keeping this one. But if someone wants it, they can have it.
...Always Somethin'

Admin of EECtuning.org
Dave
Supporting Member

Post by Dave »

I think I remember Malcolm trying to use the steel pan on one of his swaps and gave up and went with the Mustang pan. Believe it was interferance with the crossmember. Both the steel and alum pans mentioned are meant for the Explorer or later Ranger swaps. The steel one can be used with either suspension while the alum fits only the torsion bar front. Side by each with a Mustang dual sump.

Chris, what are doing for headers with that 331? Finally going to bite the bullet and get the Torque Monsters? Couple month waiting time I think.
Dave
'66'Ranchero 302/5 speed
2015 Stage 3 Roush - rated at 670 hp
2000 Ext Cab/4 door swap project
2000 Ext Cab/4 door, Summer beater
2000 Ext Cab/4 door, Winter beater
1969 Fairlane Cobra in Barn, just waiting
cgrey8
Supporting Member

Post by cgrey8 »

No, I'm going to continue using my JetHot coated FMS Explorer headers. The things I'm giving/throwing away are the stock tube manifolds.

I'd love to use the TMs but I don't believe there's room in the older engine bays for those without sacrificing the AC altogether. The DS is possible with plenty of room. It's the PS that has little to no room to work with. The Explorer header fits in there, but only just barely. And the difference in size between the FMS and TM header is pretty big.
...Always Somethin'

Admin of EECtuning.org
Dave
Supporting Member

Post by Dave »

As much as I remember, other stuff just goes away. I do remember that I believe it's '95' as the oldest that the TM's fit. Good luck, I've been selling off a bunch of stuff myself, some I've had for 30 years.
DAve
'66'Ranchero 302/5 speed
2015 Stage 3 Roush - rated at 670 hp
2000 Ext Cab/4 door swap project
2000 Ext Cab/4 door, Summer beater
2000 Ext Cab/4 door, Winter beater
1969 Fairlane Cobra in Barn, just waiting
cgrey8
Supporting Member

Post by cgrey8 »

Yep, 95 is the 1st year capable of using the TMs.
...Always Somethin'

Admin of EECtuning.org