Fuel pressure regulator

All discussions about V8 Rangers

Moderator: MalcolmV8

painterdude923

Fuel pressure regulator

Post by painterdude923 »

Does anyone have suggestions for a good fuel pressure regulator to use so I keep my in tank fuel pump and sending unit cause i'm switching to carburetor.
faststang90
SM: No

Re: Fuel pressure regulator

Post by faststang90 »

I don't think any one makes one that goes from high pressure to low pressure.
v8ranger
SM: No

Post by v8ranger »

I don't know what year your truck is but some of the older ones ran two pumps, I know mine did, the one in the tank was more of a pickup pump and the one on the frame was the pressure pump. I left the one in my tank and still use it as a pickup pump and then changed the pump on the frame to a high volume low pressure pump.
When I first did my swap all I did was unhook the power wire to the pump in the tank and installed a low pressure pump on the frame so that I wouldn't loose my sending unit.. but that was before I knew the pump in the tank was a low pressure pump. But now I use both since I added the supercharger so it could keep up with the demand.. Mine is a carb setup..
1986 Ranger with 1990 5.0 HO roller motor
Ported GT-40 heads
Duel plane air gap intake with 750cfm Holly
Paxton SN93 Supercharger with 3 1/2" pulley.
8 to 9psi of boost??
T-5 trans
Large tube shorty headers
Stock posi rear end
painterdude923

Post by painterdude923 »

My truck is a 97. Believe it runs 35 psi return style. Picked up a holley bypass regulator. Am going slow on this project.one small thing every day is what I'm trying to do.