its back alive

All discussions about V8 Rangers

Moderator: MalcolmV8

faststang90
SM: No

Re: its back alive

Post by faststang90 »

it did a little better. I have to pull the plugs and make sure the air/fuel is right.

faststang90

Post by faststang90 »

it did better but after the pass something happened and it started to leak transmission fluid.

faststang90

Post by faststang90 »

had it dynoed today and it was lean so they changed the jets. I told them the timing was locked out at 32 degrees and the changed it. we stopped it making 356 hp/339 tq to the tires. they said the 750 carb was to small and we may need a 850 or even a 950 carb
faststang90

Post by faststang90 »

it did better but its not wanting to stall up much higher than like 2500 rpm.

bigpullerman

Post by bigpullerman »

What stall do you have in it? I am running a 5000 stall and I can't get but about 2800 at the line without it creeping. I am footbraking and am running the stock brakes on it. Looking at you pictures it looks like you have the headers turned down like an ole fenderwell type. That is the way I made mine. I wish I could post some pictures but not computer literate enough. Looks like you have picked up quite a bit over the past year. Good luck
Just looking for a win light in my lane.
faststang90

Post by faststang90 »

I post my pictures with photobucket copy and paste.

they said it should be around 4,000-4,500 stall when I had it done. the gear helped the most I think. I think I can get the 60 foot down and it would help the et. when I had it dynoed they asked if it was a lock up convertor because it was not wanting to come up very good. I'm going to go to a slick and I think they may help some too. it just a et street now.